[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My Ngala • View topic - Classes for dads?

Classes for dads?

Forum rules
Posts left here WILL NOT get a response from Ngala Online. To receive a response from Ngala, please join the My Ngala club and post your questions in the My Ngala Club Questions and Answers section.

Classes for dads?

Postby NeedSomeHelp » Sun 23 Jan, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi. I have just had a baby with my new partner, she is 6 weeks old at the moment. I have had 2 kids with a previous relationship but this is his first baby and he doesnt feel very confident. He doesn't really like changing her nappies or holding her incase he hurts her and he thinks that I will be better at it all because I've done it all before. Is there any classes he can go to? We didnt go to antenatal classes because I have given birth before. Thanks.
NeedSomeHelp

Re: Classes for dads?

Postby NgalaOnline » Wed 26 Jan, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi NeedSomeHelp

Thank you for your post. It is certainly common for parents to have concerns regarding the handling of a newborn and to take some time establishing confidence. For many parents, their own child may be the first baby they have held or interacted with and parenting can seem like an overwhelming responsibility.

Ngala recognises that fathers play a vital part in many areas of a child's development. Your partner may be interested in reading the following link:

http://www.ngala.com.au/You-and-Your-Family/For-Dads

If you are living in Western Australia there are several services that may be of interest to your partner. Your partner may like to attend a Skilled Dads workshop, for fathers of children under five years:

http://www.ngala.com.au/course/Parentin ... illed-Dads

He may also be interested in attending a "Dad's Time Fathering Session":

http://www.ngala.com.au/Ngala-and-You/I ... g-Sessions

If your partner feels more confident attending a session with you, he may like to consider coming with you to a "You and Your New Baby" Parent Education session.

http://www.ngala.com.au/course/Parentin ... r-New-Baby

If you are living in Western Australia you and your partner are also both welcome to ring Ngala Helpline on 9368 9368 to discuss caring for your baby. If you living elsewhere in Western Australia you may find the details of your state's parenting service in the link contained in this post's signature.
This information is general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for the personalized assistance that can be received from the Ngala Helpline by telephone.

For families residing in Western Australia you can also contact the
Ngala Helpline
Telephone 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 for country access
Available 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm
or request a callback online

For helplines in other Australian states please follow this link
NgalaOnline

Return to For Dads